[CAUT] moving capstans question

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Sep 21 09:03:46 MDT 2007

Paul:

I'm certainly not an action guru but last year I did move a capstan line
6 - 7 mm forward on a Baldwin SF-10.  It made a very nice difference.
The DW had been in the high 60s and it came down to the low 50s and felt
much better.  Fortunately with that move the capstan was still in a good
area of the wippen heel so I didn't have to cut the heels off and move
them.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu