[CAUT] hamburg and Ny

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 18 09:16:00 MDT 2007

I'd like some input in the differences between NY and Hamburg Steinways.   I realize the Hamburg has a lot more hours in building compared to the NY.   When I look at the two, I can see the Hamburg seems quite a different beast.  Does Hamburg make their plates the same as NY...cast?   Would a Hamburg hammer be appropriate for a NY piano?   I'm sure it has been tried but what did it sound like?

Thanks...

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044