[CAUT] Piano database]

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Thu Sep 6 09:14:46 MDT 2007

On Sep 5, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Alan McCoy wrote:

> I use the time between tunings as a "mental health break" to walk
> up to my
> office and enter the data into the database. I've never been a 5-6
> piano a
> day tuner.

Here either.  I'd be too exhausted to do the after work tunings for
the real paying customers.

>  Never will be either. If I'm jammed, I write it down on a piece
> of paper. I'm not often that pressed for time here. It's not a
> conservatory.

Neither are we, but a lot of our younger faculty are coming from
conservatories and have higher expectations than those who they are
replacing did.  What I meant about more than one can do refers more
to a 1:125 tech to piano ratio.

Since no money has been available for rebuilding and parts
replacement until lately, the condition of the pianos has really
fallen, and one guy just can't make a difference with this load.
Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina