[CAUT] bechstein opinions sought

Matt Grossman mattgrossman at vintagepianoworks.com
Wed Jun 27 16:59:34 MDT 2007

John, I am an RPT and also a Bechstein dealer in the Louisville, KY area. I
would judge the older Bechsteins on a one by one basis (I have rebuilt a
couple). There were some plate problems as late as the 80's. Rebuilding is
tricky and exacting. The new ones (last 5 years) are far and away fantastic!
Gorgeous tone, smooth ultra-responsive touch and tremendous power when you
want or need it. The concert grand model 280 is simply without peer,
possessing all of the above in mass quantities. (Berlin Philharmonic bought
one last year. I sold one to a Baptist church in Georgia and Campbellsville
University, Kentucky last year) It trumps the NY Steinway D in my opinion. I
have 2 model 192's available and in addition, a 208 and 232. See my website
for more info or contact me.
Kindest regards
Matt Grossman, RPT
www.vintagepianoworks.com