[CAUT] University rentals

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 06:35:26 MDT 2007

Paul,

Not only do we not rent out pianos at California Institute of the Arts, but when a primary piano, additional piano, specially tuned piano or harpsichord is needed for an off-campus event, people usually wind up having to get it somewhere other than from our inventory on campus.  Each time this issue comes up, I (re)explain to our Dean that there are logistics involved (read: my time, not in the service of maintaining out pianos), that the instruments will usually be missed while absent from campus, and that they never, ever return in better condition, but can come back worse for wear.  Other than the rare exception, I have his support in keeping our pianos right where they are.

Alan Eder