[CAUT] University rentals

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 05:35:49 MDT 2007

In a message dated 6/19/07 12:37:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu writes:

Do any of y'all have such policies for  these kind of events?  I would be
very interested in hearing/reading your  thoughts!

See you KC!

Paul T. Williams RPT

Paul
At the University of Alabama we had a no rent policy. The only exception  was
for university events, and then only for events where one of the music
faculty or student was going to be using the piano. The request had to be  approved
by the chairman. We did make a few exception when the requests  came from
higher up. The only piano I allowed to be taken out was a 30 year  old Kawai KG 1
from a practice room. But under no circumstances was any of our  concert
instruments taken out of the building.

I would highly recommend you have your school adopt the same policy. As
Conrad said, the school should not be in the piano rental business.

Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Tuscaloosa, AL (soon to be  Hawaii)