[CAUT] brightening a Yamaha

Don Mannino DMannino at kawaius.com
Thu Jun 14 10:54:06 MDT 2007

Alan,

Fast filing with 1,000 grit paper will brighten them well most of the
time.

I use a thin (clipboard material) paddle, move fast with plenty of
pressure.  I have also done it with strips backed with strapping tape.
Either way, support the tails, use fast motion and plenty of pressure.

I'll be demonstrating this in Kansas City during the Wednesday seminar -
probably just before lunch time.

Gang filing doesn't work quite as well as individual, because it's
easier to get the pressure on each hammer stronger.

Don Mannino