[CAUT] Steinway S damper timing problem

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jun 14 00:30:29 MDT 2007

Hi Dave

It did indeed, but unfortunatly putting it back in place didnt change
the situation. In fact I ended up simply removing the push rod takeing
the pedal system totally out of the picture... damper tray underside
resting on the dags with a very little bit of lost motion between the
tray and underside of the damper levers.. no real change.  Either the
things are regulated waaay low... or for some reason the key bed is
high. Couldnt figure it while I was there but will see the piano again
after new parts arrive

Thanks muchly tho.

Cheers
RicB

    Ric:

    I'd bet the damper tray pitman came out of it's hole and is pressing
    on the
    damper tray directly.  That changes the timing obviously.  It
    happens a lot
    when one is moved professionally or otherwise.

    dp