[CAUT] Bridge capping material

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jun 13 14:42:57 MDT 2007

> I have been catching up on reading. Really enjoyed the string stretch
> thread, both theoretical wanderings and practical methods. On the topic of
> bridge treatment: I was thumbing through the Schaff catalogue (bottom of
> page 81) and saw that they offer a 15/32" (~12mm) laminated beech bridge
> capping material (by Delignit). Has anyone used this for capping? If so,
> what are your conclusions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alan

Del uses it, last I heard, and it works just fine, but it's a
bear to hand notch. At least for me it is. I don't much like
the looks of it for capping, but it makes a really nice
connector/stiffener between tenor and transition bridges. The
bridge capping was the first thing I tried in my hybrid
pinblock, but I thought it wasn't hard enough and went to
regular Delignit for the pinblock cap.

Ron N