[CAUT] successful building humidity control was: recital hall size/ piano size

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Wed Jun 13 07:46:37 MDT 2007

Hi Ed,

You bet.  I think it's a good sign that I was hired to give input in the first place--but I could be mistaken!  I recommended that the storage closet be big enough for a 9' piano (just in case they ever have one).  I have repeatedly brought up the subject of humidity control for the building (DCs if we need to, also).

It would be helpful to know who out there has an effective system.  Anybody?   I don't necessarily need to know the name of the systems (though it wouldn't hurt)--just knowing where they are located would be good, so the "planners" can get the information.

Thanks all.

Barbara Richmond