[CAUT] recital hall size/ piano size

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Wed Jun 13 07:37:22 MDT 2007

In a message dated 6/13/07 8:33:30 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
piano57 at insightbb.com writes:

Are you ready?  The building is just  being planned.  :-)   The head of the
humanities department and  I are brainstorming--we've talked of storage,
humidity control,  etc.  It's sort of odd that the piano budget is in place this
fiscal  year, but the building isn't there yet.  The C7 is indeed  on the list of
possibilities--especially since I think the C7 at the  church I attend could
possibly be the nicest one in the world.

Next week is the big meeting on design, but  I'll be in KC!  I've made a list
of my concerns for the department  head.

Thanks.

Barbara Richmond

I just hope the architect and the building designers are on board with the
department chair, and you, when they eventually design the building. And that
the money of doing what is needed will be there when they actually put the
plan in place. Too often, when there are cost over runs, one of the first things
 cut are in the music department.

Wim