[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Jun 12 01:25:38 MDT 2007

Hi Keith

I also have found the disscussion interesting and informative, and I
think Ron perhaps underestimates the interest out there.  A disscussion
is/goes where ever oneself makes of it in my experience, and for me this
one has provoked some new thoughts and jogged some old ones.   I would
think given the rising interest in rebuilding and the potential costs
savings this has for Universities along with general climate control
ammo to use in approaching administrations.... this kind of thing should
be of more then passing interest to most university techs.

Good luck in your pursuits down the road Keith

Cheers
RicB

    I find the discussion of interest because recently I have just been
    able to
    shape a few ribs and diaphram a board and I had 2 1/2 years of
    engineering
    at UCSB. I am best at visualation so I am creating a picture that I can
    model. By the end of the spring semester 08 I should be ready to
    enroll in a
    school at the level of a Junior to finish that degree.

    I will be looking for a school that could hire me as a part time
    tech and
    gives lower fees for employees. I have only the tuning half of the
    RPT test
    to complete. Keep me in mind if that will fit a need at your College or
    University.

    Keith Roberts
    keithspiano at gmail.com