[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Jun 11 08:33:42 MDT 2007

See my other post but of course diameter plays a role.  It is a factor in
determining break point percentage.  A thicker string will have a higher
break point percentage and a thicker string will need to be at a higher
tension to achieve a certain frequency at a given length than will a thinner
string.  Simple stuff.  The claim about BPP as a factor in determining which
string will go out of tune more goes way back.  You don't need to use BPP in
the formula, you can simply calculate it for the two strings in question and
observe the relationship-see my other (corrected post).  Please don't be so
antagonistic.  I'm really trying to help you here.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com