[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

Daniel Gurnee dgurnee at humboldt1.com
Sat Jun 9 15:29:07 MDT 2007

Cy S.

My experience with S&S Ds and Bs, Bs especially indicates a strong
possibility of pin block expansion and contraction. The longer strings,
pins farther from the flange will raise more with increase humidity
indicating to me that a greater expanse of wood will go farther than
that closer to the flange. Another indication is the greater stability
of the left string compared with the center and right strings which
often in a touchup are the only ones requiring attention with a weather
change.

Dan Gurnee HSU Ret