[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

Scott E. Thile scott.thile at murraystate.edu
Thu Jun 7 10:44:26 MDT 2007

Hello Ron and list,

Very interesting ideas in terms of string length, but what about changes in
tension?

I've always assumed that the main thing going on with seasonal pitch changes
was a result of adding and reducing tension due to the rise and fall of the
board as it reacts to changes in it's moisture content.

I assumed (apparently correctly) that any string length changes would be
negligible.

Scott