[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Jun 6 10:30:53 MDT 2007

David Ilvedson wrote:
> Conrad,
> Could expound on
>
>> -used needle nose to make similar adjustments to string on both sides of
>> the bridge

My porpoise on doing most of these things is to have the string leave
all the direction changing places as straight as possible.  The bridge
pin places I do by GENTLY squeezing a couple of strings like so...
   \| |/
"borrowing" a string from the next unison if necessary. I emphasize
"gently". Naturally, you don't want to loosen bridge pins...