[CAUT] New Hybrid Pinblock?

Mark Cramer Cramer at BrandonU.ca
Tue Jun 5 10:57:45 MDT 2007

Has anyone seen Bolduc's new hybrid pinblock yet?

The photo Wally Brooks sent out shows an inner, outer and middle ply of
multi-laminations, seperated by two traditional solid maple layers.

i.e.: a 5-ply block; two solid and 3 multi-laminate

I hoped this might be a salute to Ron N's idea, providing a super dense top
layer for lateral pin-support.

The price however is about 1/3 less than the conventional Bolduc block, so
the cynical side of me is thinking this may just be a convenient use for
off-cut lumber.

Is it too much to hope for "both" to be true?

Wally will show the block in KC. I'd really like to hear back on this, if
any of you have a latent gift for "investigative" reporting. :>)

thanks all!

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University