[CAUT] Mason Hamlin model C?

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Mon Jun 4 19:15:12 MDT 2007

In a message dated 6/4/07 11:28:31 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
scott.thile at murraystate.edu writes:

Hello  folks,

One of our piano faculty is looking around at pianos for his  home. He found
a Mason Hamlin, supposedly a model 'C' serial number 57651,  which dates it
at 1950. It's in at a liquidation sale for the  Ludwig/Aeolian dealer in St.
Louis. It's apparently in decent original  condition. He thinks it's shorter
than the M&H model A in his studio.

I don't remember ever seeing or hearing of an M&H model C, and  could not
pull anything up with Google (it's definitely not a CC). Anyone  seen one or
heard of it? I'm going to have him shoot some pics to send me,  and also
measure it.

Anyone in the St. Louis area have time to  inspect it if it looks promising?
Might be worth looking  into.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott E. Thile,  RPT

Scott

A technician you might want to contact in St. Louis is Ken Jones,  RPT,
_kenjonespiano at sbcglobal.net_ (mailto:kenjonespiano at sbcglobal.net)  (he  is not on
the CAUT list).  If he can't or won't do it, I'm going  to be in St. Louis on
Saturday, June 16 and I could go over and take a look  at this piano. If the
people at Ludwig Aeolian says it's in decent condition,  however, I wouldn't
put too much stock in that.

Wim
Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician