[CAUT] Disinfecting Keys

Michael Jorgensen jorge1ml at cmich.edu
Tue Jan 30 07:39:25 MST 2007

To those who are wondering,
      Apparently her finger split open while playing.

     I used to have splitting fingers from test blows before we moved to a
humidified environment.   My solution was like Ron¹s, except I would cut a
finger-wide 2² long piece of soft cloth and place it in a ³U² over my finger
tip.  Then wrap with tape to form a sock which could be reused for many
tunings.   I had socks for the three middle fingers I use in test blows.  I
tried cutting finger tips off a stretchy pair of gloves to make socks, but
found them useless because the seams caused pain as they were right on the
striking surface.
Thanks to all who responded,
-Mike