[CAUT] concert tuning etiquette

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sun Dec 9 15:38:17 MST 2007

John

At UA, I asked the orchestra manager to ask the orchestra to leave the stage during intermission, with an explanation. Most of them did, and those that didn't, respected my need for quiet. It was the audience that didn't have a clue what I was trying to do. With the first row is only 5 feet from the front of the stage, those sitting in the first five rows?think intermission is time to catch up?on the latest gossip, or have a conversation with the people in the back of the hall. ?

I wore?a nice shirt and slacks,?but no tie.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of