[CAUT] Getting the plate out

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Apr 27 10:55:24 MDT 2007

> (5)  I am fond of my 'differential chain hoist'.  They are now obsolete
> due to some OSHA considerations.  I don't think you'll find one
> available new in North America.  But don't pass it up if you see one at
> a farm auction!
>
> Best regards,
>
> ~ Tom McNeil ~

I've always thought a differential hoist was one of the
slickest ideas ever. It's on my list of genius inventions I
wish I'd have thought of, except for the excess chain
slithering over the piano/plate. I passed one up at an estate
sale some years back for that reason. Now I wish I'd have
gotten it anyway, and just set a plastic trash can or
something on the plate to catch and feed the chain. Older, but
not always wiser.

Ron N