[CAUT] (no subject)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Apr 26 08:53:52 MDT 2007

Willem Blees wrote:
> Steven
>
> The air benches were made by Janssen, but they've discontinued making
> them. The air reserve to move the seat up and down is empty. Just add
> some with your aircompressor, or take it down to your local garage. It
> only takes a little bit, about 25 lbs of air.
>
> As far as the wobble is concerned, on the sides where the knobs go
> through the bench sides, the is a washer that needs to be tightened
> down. If that doesn't work, maybe it's time for a new bench. These
> things are great, but they don't last forever.
>
> Wim

They are actually air/water. The piston is full of water and the
reservoir is about 1/2 full. I think it's more like 50/55# air pressure
to make it work right.

I've redone the ones here as the hoses wear out/degrade and leak out the
water. The rubber lining breaks off and clogs the entry to the piston.
It's fun(?) taking everything apart, flushing out the piston, replacing
the hose and clamps, then refilling the piston and reservoir.  The
hardest part of the process is getting water back into that tank. (I
remove the bicycle valve core then use a 20cc syringe with a #18 needle
and inject the water that way) Anybody have an easier way, I'm all ears!!

Conrad