[CAUT] Hardness of termination vs string breakage (was Re: restrung D)

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:36:52 MDT 2007

Hi Fred, strings breaking at the capo bar I think it would be a matter of
bearing length, the sharper profile capo bar having less bearing length and
the softer capo bar developing a  longer bearing surface no matter what the
profile. All the pressure and force of a FFF blow concentrated over a
shorter bearing surface and segment of wire has far more potential to break
a string.

Keith Roberts