[CAUT] Big piano "oops" story!

Rob Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Tue Apr 10 13:38:54 MDT 2007

Here's one for you.  Big enough to make fox news headlines!

I can easily argue the "Rolls Royce of the Piano World" quote but it's pretty embarrassing if you happen to be the piano mover that makes international headlines for screwing up!  I think the first question would be "why in the hell did you try unloading a concert grand in an uneven grassy field?

Seriously, I doubt the damage was that extensive.  It WAS covered, it appears to have landed squarely upside down, and I've seen pianos in worse accidents still in tune after they were set up.  If their lucky maybe some cosmetic damage to fix and a really good regulation job?  Looks like some moderate damage to the lid on the exposed corner.

Look here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007160453,00.html

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV