[CAUT] Rawson key leveling strips

McNeilTom at aol.com McNeilTom at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 08:41:48 MDT 2007

Hi, Richard, and colleagues -

The strips would work fine for the Accelerated Action half-round key
supports were it not for the 'locating strip' that's needed to keep the S&S
half-rounds from rotating around the balance pin.

You'll find the strips are located too low to be slapped by the bottom of
the keys and too high to slap the keybed.  Since they are already in  contact
with the keyframe, there's no potential for slap there either - just  like
traditional paper punchings.

Best regards,

~ Tom McNeil  ~
Vermont Piano Restorations
VermontPiano.com

346 Camp  Street
Barre, VT 05641
(802) 476-7072

In a message dated 4/9/2007 9:44:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,