[CAUT] Rawson key leveling strips

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Mon Apr 9 08:06:00 MDT 2007

If I recall, after looking at the information, it specifically says it
will NOT work on Steinway grands.

I would also like to see this method demonstrated before making a
decision.

Tom, do would you know if Chris has any plans to show his new method
at any upcoming seminars?

Wim

Quoting Richard Adkins <RADKINS at coe.edu>:

> Tom,
>  It looks like they won't work on Steinway w/accelerated action.
> Also,
> it looks like they could
> slap the bottom of the keys, or perhaps the key frame, or perhaps
> the
> key bed if long enough.
> This might cause noise. I've not seen/or tried 'em, so cannot say,
> but
> looking at the picture it
> might be so. I would give them a try, but they are pricey compared
> the cost of punchings.
> If they'd work on Steinways, I'd be more interested.
>
> Richard Adkins
> Coe College

Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician