[CAUT] Legs

marcel carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Sun Apr 8 15:31:26 MDT 2007

As you said Doug,  the most important thing to be aware of are the
thresholds the pianos will have to go over. In Sherbrooke here, there
was a D on 3 grand leg dollies. At some point when they redid the hall,
someone instisted that we put the big casters on the legs. I did that
and about 2 years later, they broke a piano leg while going over a
threshold. I then installed a truck under the piano and had to buy new
legs for it since I had cut the old legs to fit with the dollies. Since
then, the piano still stands. But, they got a Yamaha CF IIIs and with it
the Yamaha grand piano transporter. Now, this is moving in style. This
is the ultimate grand piano stage moving thing.

But, I've been told it's not free (grin).

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC