[CAUT] Reverse Torque tuning pins & reverse crown

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Apr 4 11:32:53 MDT 2007

Thanks Don -
So I assume that, in rebuilding, the issue of 'reverse torque' pins
would be secondary to getting the fit right in the first place.
Are you aware of which pin makers use the various methods?

Re reverse crown, Perzina is apparently employing this design on
their uprights.  I've heard one, which I thought sounded surprisingly
good.  Any thoughts as to what allows it to work, if it does?  It
seems to run counter-intuitive to the idea of compressive loading.

David Skolnik