[CAUT] pin tightness

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Tue Oct 31 14:00:17 MST 2006

Does a marginally loose tunig pin cause the string to go out of tune
during heavy playing? On the D in the concert hall, I had to replace a
pin that was damaged during the vandalism 4 years ago. The string has
long since stretched, but it goes out of tune too much, especially
during heavy playing. The pin has probably about 35" - 40" pounds on
it. (I haven't measured it, but that is what it feels like).

Comments, opinions.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician