[CAUT] Okay brainiacs..

Michelle Stranges stranges at oswego.edu
Fri Oct 27 14:54:40 MDT 2006

:(

Can someone please tell me the measurement/width of an original
Steinway D bass cleat ? (i.e.- with original white action cloth/felt)

I'm having troubles trying to start regulating in that:

*Replacement* felt (thick red bushing cloth) was added on to cleat.
(original white cloth was removed) and nothing was shimmed behind it
the cleat.

**************************

Here's the problem and what I find with that UNoriginal cloth  *on*
the cleat:

My hammers seem to need to go way to the LEFT. (Felt on cleat too
thick?)
*But* the underlevers  are way to the RIGHT on the end of the key.
(Felt not think enough!?)

Capstans are relatively square under the wippens.

Right now I just want the exact dimensions of the cleat to "start over".

I'll keep at this and checking over stuff, but I'm about to pull out
my phoney red hair and call in the authorities.
Or shove it in the lake.

("They're coming to take me away ha haaa he heee to the funny farm!")

:(
Anon.