[CAUT] Duplex

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Oct 26 11:41:17 MDT 2006

I suppose I'd have to agree. The inharmonicity bit is of secondary
interest. But then neither Jim or I have attempted to tout it as a big
point. Still, it does contribute a bit to the overall sound if one first
wants to dig.  I dont remember whether Ed makes a value judgment here or
if he just points it out as a fact.  I have to go over to the shop for a
bit this evening.  I'll pick up his book and check it out.

As for resistance to wear and the one particular side of leakage that
relates to buzzing.  These issues and how they relate to a thin V
profile, and a front duplex in general have been covered many times both
here and on pianotech.  We perhaps dont need to rehash all that.

Cheers
RicB

    OK, I'll take your word for it.  I guess the next question is, who
    cares?
    Inharmonicity in this section a few points to this side or that side
    doesn't
    really seem like anything of any significance when compared with
    stability
    (resistance to wear) and propensity for leakage (buzzing).

    David Love
    davidlovepianos at comcast.net
    www.davidlovepianos.com