[CAUT] Harpsichord Register Work time

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Wed Oct 25 08:44:23 MDT 2006

Hi all,

Oh, I love posing questions like this...

If one was experienced and competent at harpsichord work, how much time (as in hours) would you expect to regulate and voice per register (1 keyboard, 2 registers).  Please assume that the only thing that has been done is the plectra have been inserted and the instrument has never been playable.  (Fitting the keys not included in this estimate.)

I'm just trying to come up with a fair charge for the work.  My harpsichord experience is somewhat limited, though I have successfully serviced them before (but, those instruments were up and running already...).

Thanks.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, IL