[CAUT] Friday vent

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Oct 20 12:14:06 MDT 2006

Frenns,

just had a little talk with my department head/piano prof. arghhh...
(pulled me out of a practice room regulation to pull up two unisons on his
studio D)

while in his room we got onto how i was progressing on the weekly todo
list. Two items were to be voicing and regulation on  a B and an SF10, with
rebushing of the SF10.

voicing was not just voicing - major filing needed on both - both need new
hammers -some of the keys [on both] are moving nicely with 42gm!! - down to
pure lacquer - we agreed that they needed new hammers

Then the mystique hit.......

I screwed up and mentioned that I wanted to put Wurzen hammers on them both.

You'd think I'd just blasphemed everything in the world and impuned his
parentage! It was OK for the SF10, but NON-STEINWAY HAMMERS IN THE B??????

Argh...

I said I'll get just the ones for the SF and see how we like them.

Thanks for listening.

There's a choice of cold beer at home, I'll be OK.

Conrad Hoffsommer

There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
-Casey Stengel