[CAUT] glue sizing bushings

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Oct 20 11:53:07 MDT 2006

On 10/19/06 6:24 PM, "David Ilvedson" <ilvey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Fred,
>
> I kind of thought the teflon powder might adhere to the bushing cloth better
> than the liquid stuff...????   Teflon powder has definitely lengthened the
> life of my key bushing jobs.   The Prolube/Protek I'm sure works just as
> well....
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA  94044
Hi David,
    I brush powder on the bushing cloth, then lightly rub it in, prior to
installing during a rebush job. But I can apply a liquid a lot faster to a
whole set of keys with bushing already installed. It's just a question of
efficiency. If you keep the pins slick, and add a bit of lube to the
bushings each time, they last and last. But if this takes too much time, it
might be better to rebush more often, in the sense of budgeting a limited
amount of time. I dunno, probably some folks are a lot faster with applying
powder to installed bushing than I have been - I should experiment and see
if I can get the moves down better.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico