[CAUT] glue sizing bushings

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Thu Oct 19 08:25:38 MDT 2006

To remove front and balance rail bushings I use an iron and cloth and
steam them out. This morning I started doing this on a front set,
which I had replaced several years ago, but I noticed that they
weren't all that worn out. So instead of removing the felt, I glue
sized them with the final cauls.

Have any of you done this? Results? Are there reasons I shouldn't do
this? Certainly saved a lot of time, not to mention bushing cloth

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music