[CAUT] PianoDisc Fire

Rob Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Wed Oct 4 12:48:17 MDT 2006

PianoDisc suffered a devastating fire that, according to news sources,
completly gutted the factory.  One article announced that the
building itself was a total loss.  The 6-alarm fire occurred at about 1:06
AM last Wednesday and 120 fire fighters responded..  The warehouse was
filled with crated and uncrated new pianos waiting to have player systems
installed, as well as pianos with installs ready to ship.  Authorities are
calling the fire very suspicious, and federal investigators are handling the
case.  The fire was said to be difficult to contain because the burning
polyester finishes made the fire exceptionally hot.

I would estimate I have installed about 250
of these systems.  I called a few days ago for a warranty repair but never
received a call back which is highly unusual.  I guess that mystery is
solved.  The PianoDisc web sight is also not working.

The following are some news articles:

Fire Guts PianoDisc Warehouse
http://austin.bizjournals.com/austin/othercities/sacramento/stories/2006/09/25/daily30.html?b=1159156800%5E1352013

PianoDisc Fire Called Suspicious