[CAUT] durability (was funding)

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Oct 3 13:38:26 MDT 2006

Dave writes:
<< For the past 2 years I've been hanging only Ronsen Wurzen felt hammers
and I've been surprised and pleased at the longevity.  >>

Cool, I have been recently hanging some factory Steinway hammers, but some of
them are coming out of the box pretty bright.
     What is your experience inre what these hammers sound like brand new,
and what you have done to them for voicing, and what is the sort of sound would
you characterize them as producing?  Do they have to be played pretty forcibly
to be really brilliant? Or do they "dial up" in brilliance real quick?  Or
anything else you could say about how they sound.

Ed Foote RPT