[CAUT] durability (was funding)

Rick Florence Rick.Florence at asu.edu
Mon Oct 2 16:10:21 MDT 2006

Thanks for the info Ed, and for the clarification.  I think our Piano
faculty are close to what your Chair does - hammers last about 4 years.  Our
performance major practice rooms make it 2-3 years.  We've tried a number of
different hammers, but the results are not much difference.  We are in the
middle of hanging a set of the new Abel Hammers (Bio felt?).  We'll see how
they do.

Our concert instruments are serviced twice a week and touched up before each
performance.  I suspect our program may a little busier than yours, however,
which necessitates the extra service.  Last year we had over 600 events.

Back to work...

Rick

Rick Florence
Senior Piano Technician