[CAUT] large and rapid humidity changes!

Joel A. Jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Mon Nov 27 17:51:58 MST 2006

Barbara,

Definitely records keeping makes heads turn as John has
shown.

However, I don't think the size of the school enters the picture
as much as the administration of the institution.  If the
'suits' want to control the situation then I would guess
the technician will be out of the picture.   If the administration
has confidence in your cooperation with the HVAC people
then you will have a chance to make a difference.

I was in this situation at UW and it worked well for me.
Basically we made friends with HVAC and took the
'man with the screwdriver' to lunch.   It surprised him
that anyone cared.  After explaining what the problem
was we can great response.  HVAC started checking with
me as to how well they were doing.

It also helped to send a few memos of praise to the
physical plant administrators in regards to how well
the maintenance crew was helping the pianos.

Big or little the solution goes smoother with a big
dose of humor  and  recognition for a job well done.

Joe
Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WIl