[CAUT] Pianos for piano performance majors

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 14:07:26 MST 2006

In a message dated 3/30/2006 1:54:08 PM Central Standard Time,
jim_busby at byu.edu writes:

I’ve  noticed that several of you have practice rooms “locked” or reserved
for piano  performance majors. Many reserve Steinways for those rooms, but isn’
t a  diversity of brands better?

At UA, we have one locked room with 2 B's for concerto practice, and/or
private practice, and 1 locked room with a KG 2 Kawai.

I have asked our department chair if we can lock all the grands for  piano
majors only, but he is resisting. It would mean two 1930's vintage O's, 2
1950's vintage M's, and another KG2, all in desperate need of rebuilding, but  it's
the only grands we have.

Wim