[CAUT] Flight of the Broken Bass Sting? (was:: Adams 1/4 tone sharp piano)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Sun Mar 26 05:27:24 MST 2006

At 11:21 3/25/2006, you wrote:

>[Paul Kupelian] Organ tuning ehh?  I did that for a few years.  Perhaps you
>and I should have a little conversation about some organ chambers I've been
>in over the years before you boldly think you should try that.
>Bbbwwahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahah.
>
>(Perhaps a career in organ tuning would be more up my alley??)
>
>:)
>Stranges

Another caveat:

IMMHO, organ tuning has it's own dangers, not the least of which is
the dB level when you are point blank range to an 8' trumpet en
chamade. Whilst tuning the aforementioned, I fell down and backwards
6' when the scafolding gave way and landed on the bench with my
shin... is not an experience I wish to repeat.  The only reason I
didn't go all the way down to the main floor (another 15') is the
Ruckpositiv case behind the bench.  Somehow only needed two stitches
and my shin left a dent on the back edge of the oak bench.

My keyholder (seated on the bench) was somewhat traumatized, too...

Conrad Hoffsommer
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
misquoted, then used against you.