[CAUT] lacquer

Horace Greeley hgreeley at stanford.edu
Sat Jun 17 10:35:37 MDT 2006

Hi, Don,

Quoting Donald McKechnie <dmckech at ithaca.edu>:

> Horace,
>
> Thanks for pointing out the differences. I purchased the LC160
> lacquer as I wanted to try it first. Some time it would be nice to
> give the sealer a try.

I find it useful for instruments where I am feeling my way along and/or
where it is clear that the situation is one in which the instrument will be
getting heavy enough use that the hammers will harden up under use and need
some initial support while that is happening...like practice rooms.

Also, for those starting out with learning hardening techniques, it is very
forgiving, generally being fairly easy to wash out when one blows it.

Glad to be of help.

Best.

Horace