[CAUT] lacquer

Donald McKechnie dmckech at ithaca.edu
Sat Jun 17 09:59:41 MDT 2006

Tom,

Purchasing the one gallon from U.S. Cellulose was not a problem last
year. I used Parks for many years and indeed it works well. The main
thing I wanted to get away from was the yellowing. This problem was
not so bad on some hammers, worst one others. After seeing the
lacquer Eric Schandall was using in the Steinway classes I just had
to try the water white nitro. I will stick with it for now. Until
something better comes along of course. :-)

Don

Don McKechnie
Piano Technician
Ithaca College