[CAUT] lacquor

johnsond at stolaf.edu johnsond at stolaf.edu
Fri Jun 16 07:35:39 MDT 2006

hi-

If S&S is now seling their exact voicing lacquer, that is interesting- and
some good news.  I know that the company they buy it from is Seagrave Wood
Finishes.  Unfortunately I'm in the middle of having my computer switched
so don't have access to my bookedmarked web sites, but they do have one.
Seagrave told me it is a "special" nitro based lacquer that works better
for felt applications. In any case, it was moot to me because they have a
minimum order of at least 50 gallons.  As I remember it was 50- can't be
positive- but definitely too much for an independent tech to handle.

I got my lacquer from a high end finishing store in the area and it works
fine, but would be fun to try the actual factory stuff if it's now
available for sale in managable doses.

see ya in NY~

d.