[CAUT] Undercover - hooks and grommets

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Jun 7 12:19:18 MDT 2006

On 6/7/06 9:27 AM, "Alan McCoy" <amccoy at mail.ewu.edu> wrote:

> Hey Fred and David,
>
> This digital sensing device to prevent overfilling exists already. I've been
> using one for years and it is foolproof, infinitely adjustable on-the-fly
> and cheap. It's in everybody's tool kit.
>
> Alan
Hi Alan,
    Yep, I use that devise, too, on the piano without the undercover. When
there's an undercover, it means I'd waste precious seconds and energy
un-hooking. Being lazy, I'd just as soon listen and estimate time. And
what's a bit of a spill, anyway? Uprights, it's a bit more of a problem, and
means unhooking the bottom panel (gasp! What a lot of extra work!) <G>
    All in all, no big deal for the tech to work it out. It's making it
understandable, easy, and doable for the late adolescent student helper,
whose mind is wandering who knows where.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico