[CAUT] Piano Techs as Piano Movers?

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Jun 2 10:54:39 MDT 2006

Brian,
Some techs move pianos, I do. Did you ask your techs if they want to
move pianos?

But more importantly, does the school want to take on the liability if a piano
is damaged (falls over) in the move of someone hurts their back?
Check with your insurance carrier for the limits of your liability.
Does Workman's Comp. send shivers up your spine? Not only
would someone be collecting but you'd be out a technician.

Having said that, moving is no big deal for experienced persons.
You will need a dolly for each piano, to be left on their sides, to
avoid having to dead lift them onto a dolly from the floor.

Without a dolly for each, a grand board for each would be needed
or a moving pad for each to rest upon. But there's still the lifting
onto a dolly.

Dollies are cost effective I get them from New Haven Moving at about $60 each.
I must have 20 of 'em.
--

Regards,

Jon Page