[CAUT] Pitch References

william ballard wbps at vermontel.net
Wed Jul 5 09:40:40 MDT 2006

On Jul 5, 2006, at 10:03 AM, Cy Shuster wrote:
> One easy response is to describe the process by which you calibrate
> your reference to the National Institute of Standards.  Robert
> Scott lists several ways here:
> http://tunelab-world.com/calgen.html

Very good idea! I'll use that later on this evening. Just now, the 3d
partial of the phone dial tone read 439.56Hz

On Jul 5, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Dean Reyburn wrote (privately):
> Hi Bill,
> It is unlikely that your machine will change, but it is possible.

Dean's suggestion is the $35 Cyberfork.

> This leads naturally to the question of whether the challenger has
> calibrated her or his pitch source recently.

I'm not going to go there, although to paraphrase Gertrude Stein,
there's probably a there there.

On Jul 5, 2006, at 10:17 AM, Susan Kline wrote:
> .....the old box just boots up happy as anything, for a long, long
> time.

As Betty Boop says to Eddie Valiant in the movie "Who Framed Roger
Rabbit", "....but I still got it!" <G>

mr bill
wbps at vermontel.net