Onesti key repair WAS - Re: [CAUT] RE:O's & L's & A's

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:27:13 -0600

At 10:36 AM 1/31/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>You never know what to take seriously these days and what is ironic, but to
>take the risk: What's so stupid about L's? I love L's, I love O's. I love
>6'2" A's, but I love the 6'4" better (I take care of two and have rebuilt
>several) and wish Steinway was reintroducing that A, but they're not. I
>predict that after a discreet period of dissing L's, a legend will arise
>that they were the best, and the O will be under appreciated.
>
>Bill Schneider

I really gotsta get out more often... This past Saturday I had my first
meeting with a beautifully redone 1920 "O". Very nice instrument, in a very
nice new house, with a very nice view overlooking the Mississippi from atop
a 400' bluff.  Camera(s) will come out next time (foggy rain this time).

It has gotten to needing regulation, but the noise problem the customer
wanted me to check out turns out to be chugging keys.

I've got the Onesti key repair kit and have done two pianos here at school
with great success. (i.e. I like the kit.)  The only problem is that my
work on the keys was interrupted so many times that I really don't have a
handle on the time I spent on it.  Anybody wanna give a ballpark time so's
I can estimate to the owner just how much a ticket to the game might be?

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.