[CAUT] who's got dibs??

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:41:06 -0600

Hey Michelle,

Personally, I always like it when people abide by <my> rules.  :-)   Sounds
like you made a good compromise.  Who keeps the schedule?  Maybe there can
be some sort of policy or at least an agreement about how your time gets on
the
books.

When I was at IWU (where we DID have a recital hall), I had two regularly
scheduled times each week (two pianos) that were part of the "pre-set"
schedule--along with classes, general recital times, etc.  I think (but it
was long ago) I got bumped a couple of times--but I always had ample
warning.

I run into more <interesting> tuning schedules with my gig at the
auditorium.   One time when my prep allotment had been cut from 1 hour
(that's really pushing it on this piano) to 20 minutes, the stage manager
said to me, "Tune fast."  Yep, that was helpful.

Well, as they say, I'm a technician, not a
magician.  We've got to have time to do our work.

Best,

Barbara Richmond