[CAUT] Tuning Hammers

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:39:23 -0700

I use the same hammer as Kent and I only had one complaint; it made my
face hurt. I was smiling so much because of how nice it was...

Jim Busby BYU

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Kent Swafford
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:10 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Tuning Hammers

I don't have much to add to what Ron N said. My lever has a tear-drop
shaped end, that is, sphere + cone; it hugely increases the surface
contact area between my hand and the handle of the lever, compared
with a traditional handle. I grip the lever firmly in the palm of my
hand, and the load/pressure on my hand seems to be distributed better
than on any other lever I have used.

Kent